Off topic: Interpretation Systems: How to choose?
Thread poster: Sofia Argumedo
Sofia Argumedo
Sofia Argumedo
Local time: 17:10
English to Spanish
Dec 10, 2009

Hello everyone,
the company I work with is a very small business located in México, the company mainly offers translation and language training services, however, we have started to receive many interpretations requests and though we do provide interpreting services, we do not have our own interpretation system yet, due to which we have the need to rent this equipment with other companies and this increases the costs of our services. For all this the company has decided to buy a interpre
... See more
Hello everyone,
the company I work with is a very small business located in México, the company mainly offers translation and language training services, however, we have started to receive many interpretations requests and though we do provide interpreting services, we do not have our own interpretation system yet, due to which we have the need to rent this equipment with other companies and this increases the costs of our services. For all this the company has decided to buy a interpretation system, and I have assigned me to estimate and find what would be the best option to buy, but since I have very little knowledge about this matter, I would like to know if you could help me with tips about the best trademarks, costs and what is really necessary to buy in order to start a small system. We are planning to buy just the necessary to interpret in small theaters in 2 languages to small groups.

thank you very much for the advise you can give me.
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 19:10
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Wrong Forum? Dec 11, 2009

Hi Sofia

I'd be interested by the replies you can get, but I think your post should go to the Interpreting Forum, more than Getting Established.

I'm thinking about buying wireless equipment for a small group of 20, for outdoor visits and I contacted two companies that sell them in the USA, but I'm quite afraid of FM interferences and problems I can't foresee.

I also was wondering in which other countries they can be bought, what about Brasil, China?
<
... See more
Hi Sofia

I'd be interested by the replies you can get, but I think your post should go to the Interpreting Forum, more than Getting Established.

I'm thinking about buying wireless equipment for a small group of 20, for outdoor visits and I contacted two companies that sell them in the USA, but I'm quite afraid of FM interferences and problems I can't foresee.

I also was wondering in which other countries they can be bought, what about Brasil, China?

Claudia
Collapse

Sofia Argumedo
Sofia Argumedo
Local time: 17:10
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Claudia, you're right! Dec 12, 2009

I've posted my topic on the interpreting forum as you sugested, thank you for the advise, I hope I receive some answers soon, menwhile I've been checking some equipments and descriptions on line, so far I think that infrared equipmet may avoid FM inteferiences

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpretation Systems: How to choose?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »