Thread poster: Katherine Shaw

Katherine Shaw
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:04
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2010

Hi all,

I would very much appreciate some advice as a qualified It/Fr>En translator who is quite new to the field.

I have recently been doing voluntary translation for some Italian NGOs and one contact passed on my details to the author of a novel who has asked me to provide a quote. The book is about the author's travels in Israel and is approx. 35,000 words.

Would anyone be able to advise on a realistic time-scale and charging system? I have come across average speeds of 2000 words per day - would this be true also for a literary piece? Would a rate of 0.07euro/word seem reasonable?

Any concrete advice would be a great help - thank you!

Kat

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quoting Time/Money for Translation of Novel

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search