Looking for inhouse translator job profile/list of competences
Thread poster: MarianneE

MarianneE
Local time: 08:44
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 22, 2010

Hi everyone,

Almost one year ago I became an inhouse translator at a research institute in the Netherlands. I am the first and only translator in this institute so obviously there is no proper job description or list of competencies that can be used in the appraisal and performance review. The HR department hasn't come up with anything useful yet so I decided to start my own search for useful job profiles and competences that are required from an inhouse translator. Is there anyone who can help me to such information? I translate from English into Dutch and v.v.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Regards,

Marlies

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Dzidowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Inhouse translator profile Jan 22, 2010

Hi, Marlies

If you can wait until Monday, I will look up my job profile and send you an update.
I've been working as an in-house translator for the past 7 years (actually for a Dutch company) and I remember that we struggled with the job profile as well.
Unfortunately I don't remember what exactly was put in there.

Have a good weekend and till Monday!
Anna

Anna Dzidowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
re Jan 25, 2010

Hi,
as promised, I found my job descriptions. It's a 2-page document and I'd rather not post it here. If you are still interested feel free to send me an email at: ania_marg@yahoo.com, and I will send you a copy in English.

Regards,

Anna

MarianneE
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Job profile Jan 27, 2010

Anna Ujma wrote:

Hi, Marlies

If you can wait until Monday, I will look up my job profile and send you an update.
I've been working as an in-house translator for the past 7 years (actually for a Dutch company) and I remember that we struggled with the job profile as well.
Unfortunately I don't remember what exactly was put in there.

Have a good weekend and till Monday!
Anna

Hi Anna,

I would really appreciate receiving your profile.

Thanks a lot!

Marlies

MarianneE
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any more job profiles? Feb 3, 2010

Anna, thanks a lot for the job profile you sent me. Does anyone else have a profile that they don't mind sharing with me?

Regards,

Marlies

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for inhouse translator job profile/list of competences

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search