Looking for advice regarding German-Greek translation job opportunities
Thread poster: peli_lavda

peli_lavda
Local time: 22:26
Greek to German
+ ...
Apr 18, 2010

Hi,

Iam a German language graduate from Greece and a Msc student in German literature as well. Iam interested in following a career in translation. As this is my first attempt in finding a job, I'd like to give me some advice.
What are the prospects of finding a translation job either in EU (EU organizations etc.) or in Greece? Is it appropriate to follow a translation school or study PC programming and which are these schools?
Lastly, I'like to inform you that through my studying years, I was a 1st honour student and I 'd like to know the best choices in my career beginning.

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Peli!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for advice regarding German-Greek translation job opportunities

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search