https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/18936-credentialswhat_does_it_mean.html

Credentials:what does it mean?
Thread poster: Katia Perry
Katia Perry
Katia Perry  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:20
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 1, 2004

Dear colleagues,
I apologise in advance as probably my question will sound silly for most of you.
Sometimes I see job postings at proz.com where people states that "credentials are required".
What this it mean? The client wants me to send letters from other clients saying my job is good enough? Or he expects me to have translations published elsewhere? Or credentials are the same as diplomas and/or certificates?
Can anyone tell me, please?
Regards,
Katia

Katia Perry
Brazil
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Mar 2, 2004

Thank you, Tayfun for answering.
I was confused about that point since these credentials are part of our CV and are also in our proz.com profile.
Tayfun Torunoglu wrote:

perry wrote:

Dear colleagues,
I apologise in advance as probably my question will sound silly for most of you.
Sometimes I see job postings at proz.com where people states that "credentials are required".
What this it mean? The client wants me to send letters from other clients saying my job is good enough? Or he expects me to have translations published elsewhere? Or credentials are the same as diplomas and/or certificates?
Can anyone tell me, please?
Regards,
Katia

The last one is closer, your certificates or accreditations etc.
Accreditations issued by authorities such as: AAIT, AAIC, CTA, etc.
Academic Credentials / Degrees issued by accredited educational institutions.
If they require some more spesific thing they may tell you.
However if you feel you are enough qualified and had no accreditation for your language pair (in your country)I think there is no obstacle to apply for jobs.

Katia Perry
Brazil
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks. Mar 2, 2004

Thank you, Tayfun for answering.
I was confused about this point because, in general, these credentials are part of our CV and proz.com profile. I didn't understand why to ask for it again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Credentials:what does it mean?

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »