how to start a team
Thread poster: adria mooney
adria mooney
adria mooney  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:07
German to English
Mar 17, 2004

I am a fairly new translator, I have completed two large projects totaling 130,000 words of German>English scientific translation. It occurs to me that a small team of specialized German>English translators could share projects to complete them at a significantly faster pace, thereby being able to charge a higher rate per word. Any advice on how to form and organize such a team?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 07:07
English to German
+ ...
similar thoughts Mar 18, 2004

adria mooney wrote:

I am a fairly new translator, I have completed two large projects totaling 130,000 words of German>English scientific translation. It occurs to me that a small team of specialized German>English translators could share projects to complete them at a significantly faster pace, thereby being able to charge a higher rate per word. Any advice on how to form and organize such a team?
Hi! I do various technical, and scientific transltion projects. Time and again, I also felt the necessity of a establishing a team or participating in a team, but my concept was not clear to myself. You will find a provision for this on your profile settings. But as long as the concept of a team is not clear to oneself, it is difficult to establish a team.
Regards,
brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to start a team

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »