Thread poster: Sanja Mladenovska

Sanja Mladenovska
Australia
Local time: 12:06
Member (2011)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Oct 4, 2011

I have become a full member a couple of weeks ago, so I am quite unfamiliar with job quoting.
What do you usually write down, is there a certain template I should follow? What information do I include? Do you always have to state your PRICE? (Since I usually set a price, after I've seen a sample of the text) Do you usually attach your CV? I would really appreciate your insight.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Sanja

Direct link Reply with quote

snowyash
United States
Local time: 17:06
English to Thai
+ ...
It varies Oct 4, 2011

Hi, I am on Proz.com for 5 months but I have some experience posting a job as well so I would say that it really varies. You should always complete your profile and make sure the job you are applying to fits your profile description. Price is very important and also very competitive. Depending on the language pairs and what the client is looking for, be aware that there will probably be 4-5 or more people who will be quoting at the same price. You need to make your specialty and profile stand out to win the bid.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to quote on a translation job?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search