Looking for a mentor - what should I do?
Thread poster: Michele Lemaire

Michele Lemaire  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
Jun 26, 2012

I am new in this business and I am looking for a seasoned EN>FR/FR>EN translation mentor. There is only one in the ProZ list and when I asked her, she responded that she was too busy.

I have tried the ATA program but it is closed to enrollment for this year.

So, I am asking this community.

I need to build my reputation/be able to provide references. To that end, I am ready to take on work for very little pay and/or in exchange for review time of segments of translation of a book that I am working on (for training purpose).

My specialty fields are: Medical/pharmaceuticals/social sciences which are parts of my professional background. And literature/cinema which are parts of my favorites for translation purpose.

Direct link Reply with quote

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com exchange Jun 27, 2012

Dear Michele,

If you searched the ProZ.com mentoring section of the Site guidance center and you could not find an available mentor, you should be able to post a mentor request in the ProZ.com exchange section of the site:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange

Members willing to become your mentors will be able to contact you directly to agree a pairing.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Lucia

Michele Lemaire  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 27, 2012

Thank you Lucia for your suggestion

Michele

Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:42
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Mentor Jul 5, 2012

Hi Michele,

I would be happy to mentor you! Message me if interested. I am on the Proz mentor list for French to English.

Kind regards,

Hazel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a mentor - what should I do?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search