I would like to know the opinion of Chilean translators
Thread poster: Ana Myriam Garro
Ana Myriam Garro  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 12, 2012

Hello, dear colleagues,

I am considering the possibility of migrating from my country, Argentina, to Chile and I would like to ask you how is the current status of the translation market in Chile. I have already contacted the “Colegio de Traductores e Intérpretes de Chile” and I have sent all the documentation required, but I assume that there are other steps to be able to work in Chile and I would appreciate it if you can give me an idea of what I’d have to do and also an estimate of the average amount of money (stated in dollars, if it is not too much to ask) that I would need to rent a studio flat (monoambiente), pay taxes and services and support myself (in general terms). I am not sure of the City that I would choose, but it may likely be Valparaíso because I have a friend there, and at least I wouldn't feel so lonely in a different country, but I would also like to know whether or not it is more convenient to live in Santiago.

All comments will be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance. Kind regards, Myriam

Direct link Reply with quote

Ana Myriam Garro  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 13, 2012

I want to thank all the Chilean colleagues who contacted by mail me and gave me very useful information. I really appreciate your kindness and I want to express my gratitude to all of you. Kind regards, Myriam

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I would like to know the opinion of Chilean translators

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search