Where to take Metropolitan Police Test?
Thread poster: girly
girly
girly
English
Aug 29, 2004

I have been informed that I need to take the Metropolitan Police Test for interpreting. I am however, finding it difficul to find where I need to go for this. I live in the East Anglia region but can relocate for this. Can anyone help please?!?

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Please see previous threads on this subject Aug 30, 2004

See http://www.proz.com/post/56154
But this says nothing about the locality of testing. On the whole this test seems to be quite a tough one. Best of luck.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:41
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Try to contact ProZ members who have taken it Aug 30, 2004

I tried searching for Metropoltan Police Test on Google, and though I didn't find the answer to your question, it did turn up some references from ProZ - not only from the forums, but also from the profiles of members who claim this qualification. If you do the same, you should be able to ask such people by email through their profile where they took the examination and how to apply to do so. I'm sure you would find someone willing to help.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:41
Georgian to English
+ ...
Information about tests, including locations, should be available from Sep 16, 2004

Language Services Ltd. (who run the tests in conjunction with the Metropolitan Police) :

Saxon House, 48 Southwark Street
London, SE1 1UN
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7940 3113
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7940 3121
Email: [email protected]

(G. above has probably already found out the details by now, but in case anyone else is looking for details of who runs the MPT.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where to take Metropolitan Police Test?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »