Thread poster: Ninon Dion

Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:31
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Aug 27, 2013

I'm still a newbie on ProZ, but I have been working for a while on other freelance portals. I have submitted a couple of proposals/quotes here, but I feel like I'm ill equipped when it comes to writing a good message. What do you feel is the best way to write a proposal here on ProZ?

I made a search but didn't find anything specifically addressing this topic.

Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance.

- Ninon

Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 06:31
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
Experience in the particular field Aug 27, 2013

Hi Ninon,

Welcome on board! Outsourcers here look for the best value for their money. It means that they are looking for the most experienced translator for their project. It is very important therefore to stress right from the beginning your own experience in the particular field besides other qualities like reliability and translation quality.

Cheers,

Maria

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:31
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
It has been discussed lately Aug 27, 2013

Here's one recent thread that may be useful, Ninon:

http://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/236098-how_best_to_phrase_the_application_letter.html

Let us know if there's anything specifically you're unsure about and that isn't addressed there.

Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:31
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Maria & Sheila Aug 27, 2013

I guess I'll have to polish on my research skills here, because I never find what I need! I write the keywords, specifying which forum I think is best related.... but all I get back are a bunch of posts that do not apply to my questions.

Oh well.

Thank you to both of you ladies for your help. The link you provided Sheila is full of great information, thank you so much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basics on writing a quote/proposal

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search