EPSO translation competition: tips for preparing & anything I should know that they don't tell me?
Thread poster: Ana da Silva

Ana da Silva
Japan
Local time: 03:30
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2013

Hi there,

I hope I've the right forum. I'll be taking the assessment tests for the first time this year and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or would like to share anything that candidates might not come across.

I've gone through the various links on the EPSO site and looked at the sample tests. I keep up my general knowledge and read the news in my languages. What else would you suggest a candidate do to prepare? Is there anything EPSO neglects to mention?

Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2013-09-02 20:19 GMT]

FarkasAndras
Local time: 20:30
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Translation or interpreting? Sep 2, 2013

You failed to mention what job you're applying for.

Ana da Silva
Japan
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translation Sep 2, 2013

FarkasAndras wrote:

You failed to mention what job you're applying for.

It's translation, sorry about that. I figured that since I was posting in Translation it would be obvious but I've edited my post to make clear.

FarkasAndras
Local time: 20:30
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Not my area Sep 3, 2013

I have a bit of insight into interpretation tests, but I don't know a thing about how translation tests are carried out, so I can't help you.
Best of luck.

Ana da Silva
Japan
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks anyway!!! Btw, it's the full-time translation competition I'll be doing Sep 4, 2013

FarkasAndras wrote:

I have a bit of insight into interpretation tests, but I don't know a thing about how translation tests are carried out, so I can't help you.
Best of luck.

Thanks for your response anyway! And I see I have to get used to being more specific because of the different types of competitions (full-time, freelance) so that's something I learned from this exchange already icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

[Edited at 2013-09-04 08:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EPSO translation competition: tips for preparing & anything I should know that they don't tell me?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search