Pierre Caillet
Pierre Caillet
Belgium
Local time: 00:49
Swedish to French
+ ...
Oct 14, 2004

Hello everyone,

I have been a freelance translator in Sweden for 3 years and I am planning to move to Brussels shortly.

I have until now avoided to work at home, preferring an office (or rather an appartment converted into an office) that I shared with other people in freelance professions (other translators, accoutants, journalists, photographers, webdesigners and the like). This solution has many advantages and I'd really like to keep it like this in Brussels.
D
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have been a freelance translator in Sweden for 3 years and I am planning to move to Brussels shortly.

I have until now avoided to work at home, preferring an office (or rather an appartment converted into an office) that I shared with other people in freelance professions (other translators, accoutants, journalists, photographers, webdesigners and the like). This solution has many advantages and I'd really like to keep it like this in Brussels.
Does anyone know of similar arrangements in Brussels? Where should I start my search?

I've also thought of a business-hotel (I'm not sure it's the right expression in English). Has anyone tried this in Brussels? Experiences, opinions?

Thank you.
/Pierre
Collapse

Victor Potapov
Victor Potapov
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:49
English to Russian
+ ...
Try Regus business centers Oct 14, 2004

I've also thought of a business-hotel (I'm not sure it's the right expression in English). Has anyone tried this in Brussels? Experiences, opinions?

Pierre, you can try Regus business centers (http://www.regus.com). They are located in Brussels as
... See more

Pierre, you can try Regus business centers (http://www.regus.com). They are located in Brussels as well - try their Belgian website

http://209.207.159.230/Belgique.asp

I used one in Moscow for a short period of time - it is good (although quite expensive). However, it is a certain mark of "status" - you are located in a well-known office center etc.

But the final choice is of course yours and yours only!

Best regards,

Victor.
Collapse

Pierre Caillet
Pierre Caillet
Belgium
Local time: 00:49
Swedish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 15, 2004

Thank you Victor.
Yes, Regus and most business centers (that\\\'s how it\\\'s called) are very expensive and most of their services would be superfluous for little freelancer me. I\\\'ll keep on looking, try the less well-known in Brussels.
/Pierre

Victor Potapov
Victor Potapov
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:49
English to Russian
+ ...
try "Regus light" then... Oct 24, 2004

Hi Pierre - I would suggest using services of this center (Regus or otherwise) to

a) receive mail and (maybe, if you need that) phone calls - they have this "pied-a-terre" package available from Russian Regus center and here it costs under 100 Euro per month AFAIK,

and

b) to hold meetings with customers (they let you book their meeting rooms etc.)

And of course, 95% (hopefully) of the time - work from home!

This setup is limite
... See more
Hi Pierre - I would suggest using services of this center (Regus or otherwise) to

a) receive mail and (maybe, if you need that) phone calls - they have this "pied-a-terre" package available from Russian Regus center and here it costs under 100 Euro per month AFAIK,

and

b) to hold meetings with customers (they let you book their meeting rooms etc.)

And of course, 95% (hopefully) of the time - work from home!

This setup is limited, because it does not let you "show the visitor around" your office - but saves you quite considerable amounts of money.

Hope this helps and success in your search for affordable office,

Victor.

Pierre Caillet wrote:

Thank you Victor.
Yes, Regus and most business centers (that\\\'s how it\\\'s called) are very expensive and most of their services would be superfluous for little freelancer me. I\\\'ll keep on looking, try the less well-known in Brussels.
/Pierre
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office-sharing in Brussels

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »