Thread poster: FGrossmann

FGrossmann
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:38
Czech to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2013

Hi everybody!

like the name of the topic says, I am quite interested in how to start of here on ProZ. I know that this might be a silly thread, but I hope you won't mind I know ProZ. for quite some time, my father used to have an account here and I used to help him out with his work quite frequently but never really looked deeper in the translators online world. And now, since I am a student and have a decent amount of experience in translations/proofreading/editing etc. I thought it would be good to start here as well, but I'm not too sure how. Do you guys know of any chances of how to become a full member? I remember that there used to be some competitions for students and the winners would get a student membership, but I don’t seem to find it here any more. So if anyone would know of any chance to become a full member apart from paying the regular fees I would appreciate the help Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Jana Garnsworthy
Local time: 06:38
Czech to English
+ ...
Free full membership account, really...?? Nov 26, 2013

Ok, are you sure there is such a thing as a free full membership account? As far as I can see Proz is a money making business so not sure why or to whom they might want to offer free full membership Think you're gonna have to pay if you want to become a full member. Might be wrong, of course, but that's my perception of how things work here Ahoj!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get started and become a full member as a student

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search