Thread poster: FGrossmann

FGrossmann
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:43
Czech to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2013

Hi everybody!

like the name of the topic says, I am quite interested in how to start of here on ProZ. I know that this might be a silly thread, but I hope you won't mindicon_smile.gif I know ProZ. for quite some time, my father used to have an account here and I used to help him out with his work quite frequently but never really looked deeper in the translators online world. And now, since I am a student and have a decent amount of experience in translations/proofreading/editing etc. I thought it would be good to start here as well, but I'm not too sure how. Do you guys know of any chances of how to become a full member? I remember that there used to be some competitions for students and the winners would get a student membership, but I don’t seem to find it here any more. So if anyone would know of any chance to become a full member apart from paying the regular fees I would appreciate the helpicon_smile.gif Thank you

Jana Garnsworthy
Local time: 07:43
Czech to English
+ ...
Free full membership account, really...?? Nov 26, 2013

Ok, are you sure there is such a thing as a free full membership account? As far as I can see Proz is a money making business so not sure why or to whom they might want to offer free full membershipicon_smile.gif Think you're gonna have to pay if you want to become a full member. Might be wrong, of course, but that's my perception of how things work hereicon_smile.gif Ahoj!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get started and become a full member as a student

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search