Thread poster: FGrossmann

FGrossmann
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:05
Czech to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2013

Hi everybody!

like the name of the topic says, I am quite interested in how to start of here on ProZ. I know that this might be a silly thread, but I hope you won't mindicon_smile.gif I know ProZ. for quite some time, my father used to have an account here and I used to help him out with his work quite frequently but never really looked deeper in the translators online world. And now, since I am a student and have a decent amount of experience in translations/proofreading/editing etc. I thought it would be good to start here as well, but I'm not too sure how. Do you guys know of any chances of how to become a full member? I remember that there used to be some competitions for students and the winners would get a student membership, but I don’t seem to find it here any more. So if anyone would know of any chance to become a full member apart from paying the regular fees I would appreciate the helpicon_smile.gif Thank you

Jana Garnsworthy
Local time: 22:05
Czech to English
+ ...
Free full membership account, really...?? Nov 26, 2013

Ok, are you sure there is such a thing as a free full membership account? As far as I can see Proz is a money making business so not sure why or to whom they might want to offer free full membershipicon_smile.gif Think you're gonna have to pay if you want to become a full member. Might be wrong, of course, but that's my perception of how things work hereicon_smile.gif Ahoj!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get started and become a full member as a student

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search