- How do I contact an agency? The most popular places on the web agencies look for translators?
Search google, most agency websites have a 'translator's section'. But the agencies that I get the most work from have contacted me directly through PROZ.
- Do I get employed or outsourced from an agency? Will I get a zero-hour contract or something?
- Will they make me sign a contract of employment?
Some do, most ask you to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement)
- Is there a Skype interview? Will they give me a questionnaire on a word document to fill in?
I have never had an interview, many ask you to do a translation test. If you pass this then you'll fill in their generic form specifying your areas of speciality etc.
- What do I need to provide them with? My qualifications as a translator, resume & the governing bodies I am qualified for?
Most just ask for a CV.
- And lastly how does payment work? Will they just make a payment to me through PayPal or something? How do I ensure payment from them so they can't just ignore me without paying?
Most use Paypal, 1 % use bank transfer (in my experience)