US court interpreter wanting to move to Europe
Thread poster: Mattjones052185

United States
Jan 16, 2015

I'm a fairly new state-certified US Spanish/English court interpreter looking to move to Western Europe at some point. Can anyone tell me if passing the US federal exam will be advantageous for someone wanting to get into European conference interpreting? Are there other certs I should pursue? I'd like to obtain a certification that benefits me on both sides of the pond.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:44
Member (2007)
+ ...
It can only help Jan 17, 2015

I doubt that it will have a direct effect; it isn't a requirement here, of course. But any qualification, especially one that official, can only have a good effect.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US court interpreter wanting to move to Europe

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search