Elisa Fernández Vic  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:36
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2015

Hi everyone, and thanks for your help in advance
I am a English to Spanish translator who is relatively new to the freelance world. I have just launched my English website and I would like to have some professional opinions from colleagues. As you can see, I'm keeping it as simple as possible for the moment.
The website:
... See more
Hi everyone, and thanks for your help in advance
I am a English to Spanish translator who is relatively new to the freelance world. I have just launched my English website and I would like to have some professional opinions from colleagues. As you can see, I'm keeping it as simple as possible for the moment.
The website: www.victranslations.com
Collapse

ana raquel (X)
ana raquel (X)  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Opinion Jun 4, 2015

It looks good and professional to me But maybe you can make it more appealing with videos.

Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Sound Jun 4, 2015

Maybe the best word I can find to describe your website. It looks clean, essential and extremely bright.
I read you are a SEO and marketing expert, so I believe it would be easy for you optimizing your content according to the potential client (I bookmarked your site; I could ask you for advice, one day )
As I'm nuts about pics and graphics, I can only suggest to find a logo or a dominant theme to add on.
Good lu
... See more
Maybe the best word I can find to describe your website. It looks clean, essential and extremely bright.
I read you are a SEO and marketing expert, so I believe it would be easy for you optimizing your content according to the potential client (I bookmarked your site; I could ask you for advice, one day )
As I'm nuts about pics and graphics, I can only suggest to find a logo or a dominant theme to add on.
Good luck from a relatively newcomer in the business like you!

Silvia
Collapse

Elisa Fernández Vic
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both Jun 5, 2015

I do agree some graphic elements are missing. This is something I definitely have to work on, but I will have to invest in outside help as I'm not skilled in design.
Silvia, glad to help At the moment I'm mostly testing the waters and seeing what kind of opportunities emerge, but once I have a clearer image of my potential clients it will be time to tailor my content to fit their needs.

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
It looks really good. Jun 5, 2015

A couple of points:
You shouldn't use abbreviations unless everyone who reads your site is guaranteed to understand them. I think you should spell SEO and SEM out in full.
"Feeling classic": I don't understand this.
"Interest in", not "on".

Jacqueline White
Jacqueline White
Austria
Hungarian to English
+ ...
English needs tweaking a little Jun 7, 2015

I think the structure is fine, but a few of the phrases (in addition to those mentioned by others) should be tweaked. For example,

"show your business best side" (suggestion: "show your business to its advantage)
a postgraduate course on Advertising Creativity and Planning postgraduate" (suggestion: leave out the second "postgraduate"
" Do you want your brand’s message to get to your clients loud and clear" (suggestion "Do you want your brand's message to get across
... See more
I think the structure is fine, but a few of the phrases (in addition to those mentioned by others) should be tweaked. For example,

"show your business best side" (suggestion: "show your business to its advantage)
a postgraduate course on Advertising Creativity and Planning postgraduate" (suggestion: leave out the second "postgraduate"
" Do you want your brand’s message to get to your clients loud and clear" (suggestion "Do you want your brand's message to get across to your clients loud and clear").

Good luck!
Collapse

Elisa Fernández Vic
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the pointers Jun 8, 2015

As a non-native speaker, I really appreciate the corrections

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Professional website - Opinions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »