Graduating this year, Lectorship, Internship?
Thread poster: Herminia Herrándiz Espuny

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 4, 2005

Hi everyone, I am graduating this year at the Universitat Autónoma of Barcelona in my BA of Translation and Interpreting, I am thinking on taking a MA on audiovisual translation, but for the year 2006-2007 I would like to make an internship or Spanish lectorate at an American University, but I don't know where to look for these opportunities, I've seen the Fullbright Scholarships but if I apply next year and I get one of these scholarships the "lectorship" will start on 2007, so I would have a "free year" and I would like to move to the States during that year but with a "job", not as an adventureicon_smile.gif Any ideas? Ty!!!

Deschant
Local time: 09:12
Ministerio de Educación Feb 4, 2005

Hi Kiradenea, it´s a bit late to apply, but the Spanish Ministerio de Educación offers several positions for conversation assistants in European countries (UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Austria...) each year. You need to be a graduate or a senior in Philology or T&I. You´ll become 900-1000 € / month and work 12-14 hours /week in a high school. It´s quite interesting for recent graduates... Refer to the BOE in October or November for information.

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, it's too late :) Feb 4, 2005

Yes,m it's too late to apply for those programs, I considered to apply this year but i must admit that I am not a particular "fan" of the UK as a "workplace"icon_smile.gif My idea is something in the United States since I've been going there every summer since I was 7 and worked there several summers tooicon_smile.gif Ty anyway for the tipicon_wink.gif

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 09:12
How about Ireland? :) Feb 4, 2005

Have you checked http://www.hetac.ie?
They may be able to assist you.

Orla

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ty :P Feb 4, 2005

Ty, I'll give it a tryicon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Graduating this year, Lectorship, Internship?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search