Graduating this year, Lectorship, Internship?
Thread poster: Herminia Herrándiz Espuny
Herminia Herrándiz Espuny
Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 4, 2005

Hi everyone, I am graduating this year at the Universitat Autónoma of Barcelona in my BA of Translation and Interpreting, I am thinking on taking a MA on audiovisual translation, but for the year 2006-2007 I would like to make an internship or Spanish lectorate at an American University, but I don't know where to look for these opportunities, I've seen the Fullbright Scholarships but if I apply next year and I get one of these scholarships the "lectorship" will start on 2007, so I would have a ... See more
Hi everyone, I am graduating this year at the Universitat Autónoma of Barcelona in my BA of Translation and Interpreting, I am thinking on taking a MA on audiovisual translation, but for the year 2006-2007 I would like to make an internship or Spanish lectorate at an American University, but I don't know where to look for these opportunities, I've seen the Fullbright Scholarships but if I apply next year and I get one of these scholarships the "lectorship" will start on 2007, so I would have a "free year" and I would like to move to the States during that year but with a "job", not as an adventure Any ideas? Ty!!!Collapse

Deschant
Deschant
Local time: 00:40
Ministerio de Educación Feb 4, 2005

Hi Kiradenea, it´s a bit late to apply, but the Spanish Ministerio de Educación offers several positions for conversation assistants in European countries (UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Austria...) each year. You need to be a graduate or a senior in Philology or T&I. You´ll become 900-1000 € / month and work 12-14 hours /week in a high school. It´s quite interesting for recent graduates... Refer to the BOE in October or November for information.

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, it's too late :) Feb 4, 2005

Yes,m it's too late to apply for those programs, I considered to apply this year but i must admit that I am not a particular "fan" of the UK as a "workplace" My idea is something in the United States since I've been going there every summer since I was 7 and worked there several summers too Ty anyway for the tip... See more
Yes,m it's too late to apply for those programs, I considered to apply this year but i must admit that I am not a particular "fan" of the UK as a "workplace" My idea is something in the United States since I've been going there every summer since I was 7 and worked there several summers too Ty anyway for the tipCollapse

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 00:40
How about Ireland? :) Feb 4, 2005

Have you checked http://www.hetac.ie?
They may be able to assist you.

Orla

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ty :P Feb 4, 2005

Ty, I'll give it a try

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Graduating this year, Lectorship, Internship?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »