UN Language Competency Examination
Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.

Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:35
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 16, 2015

Dear all,

The UN recently announced it will be holding the LCE for Arabic translators and I am planning on taking it.

My question is: My native language is Arabic and my first foreign language is English, while French is my second. I am confident about my French, but not as I am about English. The LCE requires you to have excellent command of another language besides the English. So, I don't know. Do you think I stand a chance? Do you have any idea whether their assessment standards are just as rigorous about the second language as they are about the first?

You insights are much appreciated.

Best,
NK

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UN Language Competency Examination

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search