Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
I need feedback sites for my translation
Thread poster: Basma Hakim
Basma Hakim
Egypt
Local time: 11:20
Arabic to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2016

Hello;

please I know a site for designers where they can design a logo for example and pubblish it in this site then the experts in this field give their opinion and so the beginner designer learn and get moore experience so I need a site or more than one site for publish my translation and know my errors.

Thanks in advance.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:20
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Terrible Feb 16, 2016

Basma Hakim wrote:

Hello;

please I know a site for designers where they can design a logo for example and pubblish it in this site then the experts in this field give their opinion and so the beginner designer learn and get moore experience so I need a site or more than one site for publish my translation and know my errors.

Thanks in advance.


Your English is not good. I cannot really understand what you are asking. I am concerned that you are offering your services as a translator into English. You should not be doing that.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 10:20
English to Croatian
+ ...
Wow, the post written in one breath. Feb 16, 2016

Your initial post does not contain many periods does it, it's like you presented several ideas without separating them with a comma, or period, or anything. Interesting approach to punctuation, they would find it original in the literary world. Not sure about technical world.

I can't relate to what you are asking either, as it is not clear.

Oh, edit: I believe you are asking for a place to showcase your translation work then having someone revising it for you for free? On a public board?

[Edited at 2016-02-16 13:28 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:20
German to English
+ ...
Not to pour cold water on your hopes, but... Feb 16, 2016

I would advise you to contact a professional translation agency in Cairo, where you live, and ask them for honest advice on your language skills and what it means to be a translator/interpreter in a culture-appropriate manner. There is always a chance they might let you work with them or be able to offer you an internship if your other, non-English language abilities are in line with theirs. I'm afraid your current knowledge of English - as evidenced by what you write here - still needs quite a few years of study before you can call it even adequate to use professionally. As it is, it's not clear what you are asking.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Loreta Saddi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:20
Member
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Huh? Feb 16, 2016

Are you a translator??

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 10:20
English to Croatian
+ ...
Semicolon after "Hello"... Feb 16, 2016

then no punctuation whatsoever in a two liner with 5-6 different ideas.

Perhaps punctuation standards may vary between languages?

Stream of consciousness (narrative mode)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream_of_consciousness_(narrative_mode)

[Edited at 2016-02-16 13:34 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:20
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
translators' community Feb 16, 2016

Dear Basma, I think you are in the wrong place. This is a community of translators.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:20
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
definitely not "Hi" or "hello". Feb 16, 2016

Basma Hakim wrote:
Hello;
please I know a site for designers where they can design a logo for example and pubblish it in this site then the experts in this field give their opinion and so the beginner designer learn and get moore experience so I need a site or more than one site for publish my translation and know my errors.
Thanks in advance.


There is something which irritates me a lot. You are asking people who do not know at all. At least turn to them with respect and please, do not adrress your request to anyone as "hello" because some users (including me) can find it (this manner) uneducated and unkind. Please be nice to people if you asking for help. For example:

"Dear translators," or "Dear Translation Community members," or "Dear ProZ.com members" (a little bit formal)
or "Dear Colleagues,
Could you please tell me/ help me" etc....? ...but definitely not "Hi" or "hello".

Sorry.

[Edited at 2016-02-16 13:41 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:20
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Some information/advice Feb 16, 2016

I agree with what others have said about not translating into a language that you don't excel in. I'm particularly worried that you, as an Arabic native speaker, are proposing to offer ITEN translation. Translating between two foreign languages is an extremely dubious proposition at any time, but between two languages with millions of native speakers? Really, it defies logic.

However, you may well produce very good translations from those languages into Arabic. You can find out here on ProZ.com as there is just what you're looking for: a translation feedback ares. http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_feedback_area-1049.html


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 10:20
English to Croatian
+ ...
The purpose of this area... Feb 16, 2016

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I agree with what others have said about not translating into a language that you don't excel in. I'm particularly worried that you, as an Arabic native speaker, are proposing to offer ITEN translation. Translating between two foreign languages is an extremely dubious proposition at any time, but between two languages with millions of native speakers? Really, it defies logic.

However, you may well produce very good translations from those languages into Arabic. You can find out here on ProZ.com as there is just what you're looking for: a translation feedback ares. http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_feedback_area-1049.html


I don't visit that part of the forum much, but now I just took a quick look at it, and I don't think that's what he is looking for. The people use that forum to discuss their "translation experiences", and not doing the actual work of revising someone's translation publicly (that kind of thing was done within ProZ translation contests?). He is asking for a full contextual piece to be revised fully. Or perhaps I am mistaken?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Chris S  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
Er, hello... Feb 16, 2016

Erzsébet Czopyk wrote:

do not adrress your request to anyone as "hello" because some users (including me) can find it (this manner) uneducated and unkind.


Well it might mean something rude in Hungarian, but in the English-speaking world this is a pretty standard greeting...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:20
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Translation Feedback Area Feb 16, 2016

Lingua 5B wrote:

I don't visit that part of the forum much, but now I just took a quick look at it, and I don't think that's what he is looking for. The people use that forum to discuss their "translation experiences", and not doing the actual work of revising someone's translation publicly (that kind of thing was done within ProZ translation contests?). He is asking for a full contextual piece to be revised fully. Or perhaps I am mistaken?


I think the ProZ translation feedback area is exactly what Basma was looking for. The scope of this area is explained here:

The scope of this area is to discuss short translation texts, as a means of improving, getting opinions from colleagues, and having fun. ...

All ProZ.com members are welcome to submit texts to be posted and discussed, and to provide their feedback and opinions on posted material. ...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 10:20
English to Croatian
+ ...
Oh, OK... Feb 16, 2016

That's good, he can then go there and have all his errors identified, hear suggestions, get guidance, and then having his corrected translation reread. Let's see if that happens.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:20
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feedback sites Feb 16, 2016

Here is a site where you can post in a foreign language and people will correct your mistakes for free (why they do this I don't know): http://lang-8.com/

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Álvaro Espantaleón  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:20
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Wordreference Feb 16, 2016

Maybe there. I often find threads in Wordreference about how to translate stuff. Anyway, just read as many books as you can in your native language, get a good grasp of English and start translating into Arabic (clients will give you then all the feedback you need)

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need feedback sites for my translation

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search