Thread poster: Alessandra Armenise

Alessandra Armenise  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2016

Hello all,
I've been reading with interest the posts regarding the choice between attempting the DipTrans or going for an MA in translation.
I was particularly interested in the Unversity of Bristol MA, however, I've just discovered they only teach translation from other languages into English.
The pairs I'm interested in are FR>IT, EN>IT and PT>IT and I am based in London.
Do you have any pieces of advice on a good distance learning MA where I could study at least one of these pairs?

Thanks a lot!

Francesca Ventura
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:25
Member (Jan 2018)
English to Italian
+ ...
University of Birmingham Sep 5, 2017

Hi! I have just finished my MA in Translation at the University of Birmingham translating English > Italian. I did it on campus but I'm fairly sure they also offer the distance learning option! Have a look here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/distance/lang/translation-studies.aspx

good luck!

Francesca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA in translation into Italian

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search