How to put published books on your ProZ profile...or not?
Thread poster: Pamela Kennedy Sztyblewski

Pamela Kennedy Sztyblewski
English to French
+ ...
Jun 26

I'm seeing no way to put a link to a published book on your profile. Am I right? Right now two books I've translated through Babelcube is all I've got to show for anything.

Tom in London
Jack Doughty
Sheila Wilson
 

Emma Page
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:04
Member (2017)
French to English
+ ...
Not ideal but... Jun 26

Couldn't you just put them in your description?

 

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:04
French to English
Babelcube Jun 26

It might be a good idea to include links to them in the body of your profile, as Emma has suggested. I have been onto Babelcube to see how it works. As I understand it, there is no formal proofreading or review of the translation. Without that sort of guard being built into the process, although you might have done an excellent job, there is an element of risk involved.

 

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:04
Member
English to Italian
Project History Jun 26

If not in your bio, why not in your "project history"?

Once done, you could link directly to it with https://www.proz.com/translator/2512570?show_mode=project_history#ph


 

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:04
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Suggest it Jun 26

Pamela Kennedy Sztyblewski wrote:
I'm seeing no way to put a link to a published book on your profile. Am I right? Right now two books I've translated through Babelcube is all I've got to show for anything.

I'm not actually sure that Babelcube is a great credential in itself, for the reasons mentioned by Nikki. But now I think about it, it really is a glaring omission from our profiles! I can certainly imagine a place for the title, ISBN number and author name.

I suggest you start another thread here, Pamela -- https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions-13.html -- to make sure ProZ.com staff zero in on it.


 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:04
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Angela did it Jun 26

Angela seems to have done it, with an impressive array of the many books she has translated.

How did she do it?

https://www.proz.com/translator/12362


 

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:04
Member
English to Italian
HTML Jun 26

Tom in London wrote:

Angela seems to have done it, with an impressive array of the many books she has translated.

How did she do it?

https://www.proz.com/translator/12362


She just added links to images she has uploaded on photobucket, although that's not an optimal solution, IMHO, as those images don't seem to point to info about the book, but to her picture "album" on photobucket.

E.g. |href="cover image URL" target="_blank"| |img src="cover image URL"| |/a| vs. |href="info about book URL" target="_blank"| |img src="cover image URL"| |/a|


 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:04
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Yes Jun 26

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Angela seems to have done it, with an impressive array of the many books she has translated.

How did she do it?

https://www.proz.com/translator/12362


She just added links to images she has uploaded on photobucket, although that's not an optimal solution, IMHO, as those images don't seem to point to info about the book, but to her picture "album" on photobucket.

E.g. |href="cover image URL" target="_blank"| |img src="cover image URL"| |/a| vs. |href="info about book URL" target="_blank"| |img src="cover image URL"| |/a|


Yes, it doesn't look all that great. BTW Mirko, your link is garbled !


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to put published books on your ProZ profile...or not?

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search