Translation from Argentina
Thread poster: oroborus
oroborus
Local time: 12:12
English to Spanish
Oct 5, 2005

I have just finished a Masters in Translation (Spanish-English, English-Spanish) from the University of Alicante SPAIN focusing mainly on legal translation. I have done about 2 years of in-house translation for Non-Profits in the United States.

The problem I have is I get lost in this web site. My main question amongst others is how do I recieve money for a translation I do for a foreign client? What service do I use?
Thanks in advance for the answer

Marina Canavoso

Direct link Reply with quote

Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:12
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Dependerá del cliente Oct 5, 2005

Hola Marina,
El pago de tus servicios dependerá de aquél que te contrate, del cliente, pero nunca de ProZ. Esto es una comunidad, un foro, de traductores, que cumple infinidad de funciones, pero gestionar los pagos de nuestros distintos trabajos realmente no es su labor :- )
Probablemente, si son europeos, tus clientes cancelarán sus facturas mediante transferencias bancarias. Además pueden emplear otros sistemas, como PayPal, Moneybookers, Western Union, cheques a tu nombre...etc. Tú decides qué solicitas y negocias cómo lo recibirás.

¡Suerte!
Cintia.

xxxsarahl
Local time: 12:12
English to French
+ ...
I agree with Cintia Oct 5, 2005

That's something you need to discuss with your client. You may find good ideas on Proz forums, but the site does not provide this kind of service.

Suerte

Sarah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation from Argentina

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search