How do I sign and email a contract?
Thread poster: Sophia Finos (X)
Sophia Finos (X)
Sophia Finos (X)
Local time: 20:56
Greek to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2005

A company emailed me a contract and asked me to SIGN it and EMAIL it back. How is this possible??? Does typing my name in the required field count as a signature, or is there some other way to do this???
Thanks!

Kurt Porter
Kurt Porter  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:56
Russian to English
+ ...
Scan Oct 21, 2005

Sophia Finos wrote:

A company emailed me a contract and asked me to SIGN it and EMAIL it back. How is this possible??? Does typing my name in the required field count as a signature, or is there some other way to do this???
Thanks!

Sofia,

Sign it, you need scan it into your computer and e-mail it back.

Best,
Kurt

Cintia Pecellin
Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:56
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Options Oct 21, 2005

Well, you can always go about it the old-fashioned way: print the document, sign it, scan it and resend it to your client (no, just typing your name won't do the trick I'm afraid).

Knowing the format you're working on would really help but, if it's a PDF (or could be saved in PDF format), I would use Acrobat Distiller to simple sign up using an optical pen and save the document.

I've actually saved my signature in a blank file so, whenever I need it, I just copy and
... See more
Well, you can always go about it the old-fashioned way: print the document, sign it, scan it and resend it to your client (no, just typing your name won't do the trick I'm afraid).

Knowing the format you're working on would really help but, if it's a PDF (or could be saved in PDF format), I would use Acrobat Distiller to simple sign up using an optical pen and save the document.

I've actually saved my signature in a blank file so, whenever I need it, I just copy and paste.

Hope this helps!
Zyntia.
Collapse

seawalker
seawalker
Local time: 03:56
English to Turkish
+ ...
Scan your sign only Oct 21, 2005

Scan your sample sign and keep it in the computer. Whenever you need to sign a document, paste your scanned sign under your name. By this way, you avoid to scan the whole document each time and have a less file size which makes sending easier.But DO NOT forget to protect your document or merge the picture with the background to prevent copying. Otherwise your sign can be copied back from sent document and used somewhere else.

Daniele Martoglio
Daniele Martoglio  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:56
Polish to Italian
+ ...
The most simple thing: Oct 22, 2005

Sophia Finos wrote:

Thanks!

WHY you don't ask them?

too simple?

seawalker wrote:

Scan your sample sign (...) But DO NOT forget to protect your document or merge the picture with the background to prevent copying. Otherwise your sign can be copied back from sent document and used somewhere else.

Ok for "merge the picture with the background", but what does it mean "protect"? All that you "see on the screen" can by copied as image file (there are thousend of programs to do it) so "protect" means nothing...

Daniele

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I sign and email a contract?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »