Messenger ID in email signature
Thread poster: Patricia Torres

Patricia Torres  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 10:55
English to Spanish
Nov 16, 2005

Hi,

I'm thinking on including my messenger ID (Yahoo and Hotmail) in my email signature, so anyone (particularly clients!) can send instant messages to me. I know that Skype is "in". However, I don't want voice conversations! I think they are more distracting. What do you think?

Patricia

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:55
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Skype IM Nov 16, 2005

Patricia Torres wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking on including my messenger ID (Yahoo and Hotmail) in my email signature, so anyone (particularly clients!) can send instant messages to me. I know that Skype is "in". However, I don't want voice conversations! I think they are more distracting. What do you think?

Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Skype isn't just for voice conversations. You can send instant messages through Skype too. It's like any IM tool.
Maria

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 15:55
MSN Nov 24, 2005

You can have voice conversation on MSN too, but you would have to plug in a microphone to enable this feature.

However, I don't recommend that you make your MSN ID known for security reasons, but you can say sthg like "MSN ID available on request".

I assume you don't want any random person messaging you and being a pest...I'm only saying this as that's what happened to me and to another colleague, so now I only give my MSN to professional people who request it.

However I think MSN is great for work, it saves me and my client hundreds of Euros per year in phone calls.

Orla

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Messenger ID in email signature

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search