pricing for Russian translations, editing
Thread poster: ealexanderda
ealexanderda
ealexanderda
Russian to English
May 2, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I have just signed up for Pro Z and have no idea what kinds of fees translators usually demand for their work. I have experience translating books and articles in Russia. I was paid, but the work I did was as a special favor to people I knew, so I don't really know what the going rates are.

What is a standard rate for translation of documents (especially from Russian to English)?

How much is commonly charged for tasks such as editing an
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have just signed up for Pro Z and have no idea what kinds of fees translators usually demand for their work. I have experience translating books and articles in Russia. I was paid, but the work I did was as a special favor to people I knew, so I don't really know what the going rates are.

What is a standard rate for translation of documents (especially from Russian to English)?

How much is commonly charged for tasks such as editing and proofreading of translations?

Thanks,
Ethan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pricing for Russian translations, editing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »