Looking for a mutually beneficial situation
Thread poster: Heather Chinchilla

Heather Chinchilla
United States
Local time: 03:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 10, 2006

Hello, I'm looking for a Spanish to English mentor and/or a Spanish native speaker who translates from English to Spanish who would like to trade help from English to Spanish for help from Spanish to English.

For a mentor, I'm looking for a situation with any or all of the following components (or others that I may not have thought of): 1) I translate your projects and you edit them and give me detailed feedback and advice. 2) You edit my projects and give me detailed feedback and advice. 3) You edit and advise me on my translations from self-teaching translation workbooks.

If interested in this option, please respond on or off-list to discuss the details (length of text, frequency, at what percentage we'd split the fees, etc.)

Please contact me if you're interested in the 2nd option as well to discuss length of text, frequency, etc. I'm thinking we wouldn't exchange money if it were an equal relationship, but if one of us needs way more help than the other, then we'd have to discuss how to handle that.

It would probably be best if we shared samples of our work and possibly references to make sure we're a good match. I'm interested in working with one or more than one person or agency (please specify which you are).

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a mutually beneficial situation

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search