Thread poster: Paola Grochi

Paola Grochi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 7, 2006

Hi you there!
I've decided to start my translation part time career some months ago, almost a year, though I've been actually doing small (free) jobs for friends and family for the last ten years.
Since I haven't had any luck I almost gave up, but then decided to take it easy and doing practice translations, to improve my knowledge and skills on Wordfast mainly, but also to gain some speed.
Well, anyway, I'm looking for a translator on the ENES pairs with some working experience who would kindly review my work.
Since they're not jobs, I don't have a deadline and I can assure you they're short (2000 aprox each)
I'm just looking for good advice and help!!
thanx
Paola

Direct link Reply with quote

Trevor Butcher
Local time: 20:07
English
Have you tried agency work? Sep 7, 2006

Hi Paola,

Have you applied to any agency to work as an external translator? A good agency will tell you how well you did on your test translation, and it may even lead to real work.

Trevor

Paola Grochi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Sep 25, 2006

Actually I've applied for several agencies by now, but got no answer so far.
At the moment I can't accept a large job since I'm working (I'm an ESL teacher) AND studying but I'm still practicing, that's why I'd like someone with experience and time just to review what I'm doing so I can gain experience.
PAOLA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for a mentor/proofing help no strings attached

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search