Any accountant around?
Thread poster: TwArg

TwArg  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:27
English to Spanish
Oct 9, 2002

The VAT (IVA) issue seems to be a good reason to select local translators, and the solution would be to obtain a US Tax I.D. For that, we could incorporate a company in Nevada or Delaware.

In my country I have the same problem: big companies usually prefer service suppliers who can receive VAT.

Now, is there a significant tax advantage for the company who receives VAT-padded bills? Or is it a corporate policy against small providers?

Thanks for you advice...

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:27
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
(????) I don't know if I understand this Oct 9, 2002

The best approach to VAT is to consider it inevitable along with death and the rest of the taxes.

Value Added Tax is nothing personal, it\'s percentage depends on the country that implements it, and when you collect VAT, or discount it, you\'re collecting or discounting something that, a priori, belongs to the government and not to you (so be resigned, a priori).

The advantage or disadvantage of this depends on the subjective view of the company and its tax structure. So, it\'s really very variable, in which one of the influencing factors would be any bilateral or multilateral agreements between the countries involved.

For that matter, no tax is personal, you\'re simply expected to declare and pay as an earner, whether you\'re a company or a private person.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any accountant around?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search