is it possible to reach direct clients overseas?
Thread poster: Ming Cheng

Ming Cheng
China
Local time: 17:07
English
+ ...
Jan 7, 2007

Hello everyone
As an interpreter in China, I have worked on techinical sector for years, lately I am planning to extend the scope of fields of expertise ,such as art,entertainment,games( basketball,football...) or culture exchange among nations.
Is there anyone who knows how to dig out the resources? or any suggestions which might be helpfull!
Thank you for paying attention here and good new year 2007

Cheney

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-01-09 19:15]

Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:07
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Contact direct client overseas Jan 10, 2007

Well, I think the easiest way is to contact the people you have worked with in the past, provided you where not working for an agency at that time.
Also look on Proz and other boards for clients, check out job sites, talk to your friends, maybe do some work for free for organisations like Greenpeace, Amnesty International or something like that.

I would also suggest you create a more professional Proz profile, and make sure the spacing and comma's are in the right place.

goodluck

Ed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is it possible to reach direct clients overseas?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search