Thread poster: Ming Fu, Qi
Ming Fu, Qi
Ming Fu, Qi  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 29, 2007

There are a lot fellow citizens here, could you give me some suggestions to become a member here?

The first question concerning with membership is how to pay from China mainland? I have a registered paypal account, but Should I transfer Chinese Yuan (RMB) into dollar at first, then pay through it? Unforturenately, when I try to pay in Chinese yuan, why do I receive an error report that says "This account cannot accept foregin currency"?

Here raises another question " h
... See more
There are a lot fellow citizens here, could you give me some suggestions to become a member here?

The first question concerning with membership is how to pay from China mainland? I have a registered paypal account, but Should I transfer Chinese Yuan (RMB) into dollar at first, then pay through it? Unforturenately, when I try to pay in Chinese yuan, why do I receive an error report that says "This account cannot accept foregin currency"?

Here raises another question " how to attract clients for a novice here, even though I have got some experience in native land"?

I know it's a sensitive question about price you offer to your clients. Colud you give me some tips to handle such question?

How do you get started your business?

Thanks a lot.
Collapse

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 12:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
Welcome Jan 29, 2007

Hello Gloucesterqi and welcome,

Unfortunately Paypal.com and Paypal.com.cn aren't linked yet so if you have an account with Paypal China you can't use it with the Paypal that the rest of the world uses! Sucks I know.

I'm not sure about the other methods you could use. Maybe you have a foreign friend who could pay by credit card and then you could pay them the equivalent in RMB? Maybe you can get Proz's bank details and wire them the money from your bank account?
<
... See more
Hello Gloucesterqi and welcome,

Unfortunately Paypal.com and Paypal.com.cn aren't linked yet so if you have an account with Paypal China you can't use it with the Paypal that the rest of the world uses! Sucks I know.

I'm not sure about the other methods you could use. Maybe you have a foreign friend who could pay by credit card and then you could pay them the equivalent in RMB? Maybe you can get Proz's bank details and wire them the money from your bank account?

As for getting new clients and what to charge, you really should have a search through the forums and the article database where there is wealth of information on the subject.

Good luck and best wishes:)
Collapse

Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 09:35
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Click the Join Today/Join ProZ.com Tab Jan 29, 2007

Hi gloucesterqi,

Just click the Join Today or Join ProZ.com tab, and then click Buy Now. There will be several options of payment method you can choose, two of which are wire/bank transfer and check/money order. If you tick wire/bank transfer, you will find the ProZ bank details; if you tick check/money order, you can use Western Union to transfer the fee.

To get clients, you can find various tips in the article database. To set your charge, you may survey the profiles
... See more
Hi gloucesterqi,

Just click the Join Today or Join ProZ.com tab, and then click Buy Now. There will be several options of payment method you can choose, two of which are wire/bank transfer and check/money order. If you tick wire/bank transfer, you will find the ProZ bank details; if you tick check/money order, you can use Western Union to transfer the fee.

To get clients, you can find various tips in the article database. To set your charge, you may survey the profiles of your language pair. Or, if you have gone platinum, you can click the Job tab above to view the community's rates.

Good Luck.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:35
SITE FOUNDER
Is Paypal commonly used in China? Jan 29, 2007

Thanks for asking, gloucesterqi. We would like to make it as easy as possible for members in China to pay? Any suggestions on how we might do that?

Is Paypal commonly used in China? If so, is it possible for us to set up a Paypal-China account from outside the country?

Inessa Akhmetova
Inessa Akhmetova  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:35
English to Russian
+ ...
pay for membership via Moneybookers Jan 29, 2007

As far as I know Moneybookers is widely used in China as well as PayPal. So you can try to pay for membership via Moneybookers. Details of this procedure you can find in FAQ. It takes some time but it works sucessfully. Good luck!

Ming Fu, Qi
Ming Fu, Qi  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Your replies convey your generosity and conscience! Jan 30, 2007

Firstly, thanks a lot to everyone who is concerned with my questions.

Secondly, Paypal, in my view, is relatively popular among, especially, translators in China. Because it's very convenient and free to pay and recieve cash through it. I think it's a good idea to set up a China Paypal account, then my colleagues and I can take advantage of it.

Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to pay for member fee from China?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »