web hosting service provider
Thread poster: veratek

veratek
Brazil
Local time: 23:55
French to English
+ ...
Aug 6, 2007

Is anyone using a web hosting service provider they recommend? (preferably US/Europe based)

I want a cheap monthly rate, with several options for free add-ons to my site, and PHP/Mysql compatible - site customizable by site's administrator.

Don't need a lot of space or trafic volume. And with a really user-friendly interface for the site administrator.

TIA.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 18:55
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Npsis Aug 6, 2007

I've been with them for five years and am extremely happy. They're affordable, have several hosting plans, let you know way in advance when there is going to be any server maintenance work, have practically no downtime whatsoever, etc. I used to write for an online music site called Progfreaks.com, and we went through some of the worst hosting I've ever seen (including outright lying and horrible customer service) before we found this company. I can't recommend them enough (and no, I'm not getting any money from them for saying this - unfortunately! )

http://www.npsis.com/

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Hosting package Aug 6, 2007

Hi "vera-tech",

Have you considered the hosting package included in the ProZ.com membership? I find it very reliable. No serious problems so far (I’ve been using it for more than two years, only for the email though).

You may also want to take a look at two previous threads: Would you kindly recommend a hosting provider? and Good web hosting provider UK .

Mihai

[Edited at 2007-08-06 13:43]

Wouter Vanhees  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Flemish
+ ...
aiso Aug 6, 2007

Hi,

My website is hosted by www.aiso.net
They offer sustainable ("green") webhosting packages and aren't expensive. They're located in California.

Best wishes,

Wouter

Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Mihai has a good point Aug 6, 2007

With your ProZ.com membership you get not only the benefits and fun of all site features, but hosting and support for that from a site that is pretty user friendly!
Welcome aboard
Angela

Mihai Badea wrote:

Hi "vera-tech",

Have you considered the hosting package included in the ProZ.com membership? I find it very reliable. No serious problems so far (I’ve been using it for more than two years, only for the email though).

You may also want to take a look at two previous threads: Would you kindly recommend a hosting provider? and Good web hosting provider UK .

Mihai

[Edited at 2007-08-06 13:43]

dom_fr
France
Local time: 03:55
English to French
Really cheap (0€) for 10Gb Aug 6, 2007

For me it's Free.fr.

Dom

[Edited at 2007-08-07 04:06]

Kootvela
Local time: 04:55
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
Geocities Aug 6, 2007

I know some people don't like free service but I've been using geocities for about 7 years and never had any problems. One can also upgrade to a paid account, I am considering this option.

Ele

Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 05:55
English to Arabic
+ ...
HostGator Aug 6, 2007

Hi,

I strongly recommend www.hostgator.com of which I am very satisfied customer.

Also, you can check honest user reviews of different hosting companies at this useful website: www.webhostingjury.com

good luck!

Waleed

veratek
Brazil
Local time: 23:55
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 10, 2007

Thank you all for the great suggestions.

Vera

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

web hosting service provider

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search