Member (2004)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
From Lantra Jul 1, 2004

I was rooting for the Czechs as well, but not against the Greek team (how
could I with a German trainer) but - wow - it happened *just* when I
blinked. So glad it didn't come down to a shoot off (what is that called in
English? I learned the game in Germany...).

Enjoy the celebrations! I guess I'll be rooting for the Greeks in the
final - gotta love an underdog who does so well..

DeAnn

Vicky Papaprodromou
Vicky Papaprodromou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 09:23
Member (2004)
English to Greek
+ ...
E'pano tus Ellada! Jul 1, 2004

Thanks, neighbour!!!

The whole Europe can bet on the Hellenic team now! The Czechs were great, too ... but we did our best and we absolutely deserve playing in the final.

Thanks once more and you are always welcome to the Olympic Games next month!

Valentini Mellas
Valentini Mellas  Identity Verified
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
E'pano tous Elladara! Jul 1, 2004

From a very European office in the middle of Denver we were also split in what to support and of course we (Greece) played hard and very well !!!

OFF TO THE FINALS!

Valentini

Maria Nicholas (X)
Maria Nicholas (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
Greek to English
+ ...
Unbelievable! Jul 2, 2004

What a week! I have been in Greece on family business since mid-June and have witnessed first-hand the victories and the after parties ... in Thessaloniki after France, and last night in Athens after the Czech Republic!

It's been great -- reminds me of the 1987 European basketball championship which I was also fortunate enough to experience in Greece. Nothing like the feeling of jumping up along with 20 million Greeks around the world shouting GOOOOOOOOOOAL!

GO GREECE!
... See more
What a week! I have been in Greece on family business since mid-June and have witnessed first-hand the victories and the after parties ... in Thessaloniki after France, and last night in Athens after the Czech Republic!

It's been great -- reminds me of the 1987 European basketball championship which I was also fortunate enough to experience in Greece. Nothing like the feeling of jumping up along with 20 million Greeks around the world shouting GOOOOOOOOOOAL!

GO GREECE!

)))

Maria
Collapse

Betty Revelioti
Betty Revelioti
Greece
Member (2003)
English to Greek
+ ...
Pios mas pianei tora!!!!! Jul 2, 2004

Kali mas epitixia!!

Saifa (X)
Saifa (X)
Local time: 08:23
German to French
+ ...
How wonderful! Jul 2, 2004

Hi,

How wonderful! I am very glad about this victory, not because I am German like Rehagel, but because the Greek were constantly great!!!
Of course the Czech too... (We were not).

Last night it was quite loud here too, as a lot of Greek people live here! My vegetable seller, Niko, for example. As I went to him this morning, he was wearing a greek-blue jacket and his assistant a blue shirt. They wanted to buy an offical Greek football shirt, but these are sold out
... See more
Hi,

How wonderful! I am very glad about this victory, not because I am German like Rehagel, but because the Greek were constantly great!!!
Of course the Czech too... (We were not).

Last night it was quite loud here too, as a lot of Greek people live here! My vegetable seller, Niko, for example. As I went to him this morning, he was wearing a greek-blue jacket and his assistant a blue shirt. They wanted to buy an offical Greek football shirt, but these are sold out in the whole city for days!

The only problem for me is: I like the Portuguese too and I would not like to see any of both teams losing on Sunday. Couldn't they make an exception and let both win just this time?

Have a nice week-end!

Chademu
Collapse

Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:23
German to Italian
+ ...
Congrats Jul 5, 2004

Congratulations to the Greek team. I must admit that I didn't expect them to make it against the Czechs, but I'm glad for this surprise in European football. And also congratulations to those who at the beginning of the tournament placed a bet for a Greek victory - they must be rich by now And in a few weeks the Olympics are coming home, I can't wait for it!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

E'pano tus Ellada!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »