Federica D'Alessio
Italy
Local time: 04:18
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 5, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

sorry for writing in English and for being Off Topic: my name is Federica and I'm an Italian colleague. I'm supposed to be in Paros next week for my - first in 4 years! - holidays, and I'm quite frightened by the news that the Cyclades are running very short of water these days. I couldnt' find any updated news on Internet, nor in the GNTO and I hope that some of you can give me fresh news about. Is the situation so bad? Are they going to solve it somehow? Would you
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

sorry for writing in English and for being Off Topic: my name is Federica and I'm an Italian colleague. I'm supposed to be in Paros next week for my - first in 4 years! - holidays, and I'm quite frightened by the news that the Cyclades are running very short of water these days. I couldnt' find any updated news on Internet, nor in the GNTO and I hope that some of you can give me fresh news about. Is the situation so bad? Are they going to solve it somehow? Would you advice to go/to avoid the place?

Many thanks for your help!!

Federica

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-08-05 15:33]
Collapse

Diamantis Konstantinidis
Diamantis Konstantinidis
Local time: 05:18
English to Greek
+ ...
Don't worry! Aug 7, 2007

Ciao,

the Cyclades can't be described as a rainy place. In fact, they get very little rain. However, there is absolutely no possibility that there will be no water for the public.

Most islands have drinking and other water delivered daily. Puoi fare le tue vacanze senza problema. Rilasciati e divertiti bene! Le spiaggie di Paros sono meravigliose, solo l'acqua e abbastanza fredda!

Diamantis

[Edited at 2007-08-07 14:25]

[Edited at 2007-08-07 16
... See more
Ciao,

the Cyclades can't be described as a rainy place. In fact, they get very little rain. However, there is absolutely no possibility that there will be no water for the public.

Most islands have drinking and other water delivered daily. Puoi fare le tue vacanze senza problema. Rilasciati e divertiti bene! Le spiaggie di Paros sono meravigliose, solo l'acqua e abbastanza fredda!

Diamantis

[Edited at 2007-08-07 16:15]
Collapse

Federica D'Alessio
Federica D'Alessio
Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grazie Diamantis! Aug 8, 2007

Diamantis Konstantinidis wrote:

Ciao,

Diamantis

[Edited at 2007-08-07 16:15]

Many thanks for answering, Diamantis! I dont' know what to think because in Italy they said that Greek authorities have warned about going to Cyclades for holidays, and that many tourists were already leaving the Isles for lack of water. I'm not able to understand if this is true or not...???

L'acqua è fredda....proprio quello che mi ci vuole per riprendermi!!!!

Thank you again,
Federica

Diamantis Konstantinidis
Diamantis Konstantinidis
Local time: 05:18
English to Greek
+ ...
Nessun problema! Aug 8, 2007

Cara Federica,

non c'e assolutamente nessun problema. Non ho sentito niente di questa cosa.

Invece, mia sorella e 2 altri amici sono appena ritornati da Paros e sono contentissimi. Mi pare ch'e un caso della solita tendenza dei media di urlare. Anche, forse, una colpa delle enti turistiche che vogliono motivare gli italiani per rimanere nel paese

Non preoccuparti, tutto sara a posto!
... See more
Cara Federica,

Invece, mia sorella e 2 altri amici sono appena ritornati da Paros e sono contentissimi. Mi pare ch'e un caso della solita tendenza dei media di urlare. Anche, forse, una colpa delle enti turistiche che vogliono motivare gli italiani per rimanere nel paese

Diamantis

p.s. Non posso metere accenti in Proz.com...

[Edited at 2007-08-08 19:14]
Collapse

Federica D'Alessio
Federica D'Alessio
Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grazie! Aug 9, 2007

Diamantis Konstantinidis wrote:

Cara Federica,

Diamantis

Che dire allora...speriamo bene e grazie!! Ti farò sapere quando torno, ma sono sicura che sarà bellissimo!!
Grazie ancora
Federica

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Short of water in Cyclades

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »