Greece
Local time: 20:01
English to Greek
+ ...
Sep 12, 2007

Jules Verne deserves a better translation service
Adam Roberts
September 11, 2007 2:31 PM

I'd always liked reading Jules Verne and I've read most of his novels; but it wasn't until recently that I really understood I hadn't been reading Jules Verne at all.

I'll explain what I mean. Verne has been globally popular since the 19th century, and all his titles have been translated into English, most of them soon after their initial publication. But almost all of
... See more
Jules Verne deserves a better translation service
Adam Roberts
September 11, 2007 2:31 PM

I'd always liked reading Jules Verne and I've read most of his novels; but it wasn't until recently that I really understood I hadn't been reading Jules Verne at all.

I'll explain what I mean. Verne has been globally popular since the 19th century, and all his titles have been translated into English, most of them soon after their initial publication. But almost all of them were translated so badly, so mutilated that "translation" is something of a misnomer.....

To read the whole article, please follow this link:
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/09/jules_verne_deserves_a_better.html

[Edited at 2007-09-13 08:35]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

[Article] Jules Vernes deserves a better translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »