Backlight gone on laptop - can anything be done?
Thread poster: Joanne Parker

Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:54
Member (2002)
German to English
May 16, 2003

Hello,

Not only did my hard drive die on my PC last month, but now the backlight has gone on my laptop (an IBM ThinkPad 600X). Translation is becoming an expensive business for me!

I can still use the laptop by attaching it to a monitor, but surely the point of a laptop is that it\'s light and easily portable icon_smile.gif

I\'ve been told that it\'s not worth paying to have my backlight fixed - has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks,

Joanne

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:54
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Fixing my 15" screen backlight May 16, 2003

(replacing lamp)here in Latvia cost about

EUR 120. Not cheap, but definitely cheaper than new laptop icon_smile.gif
[addsig]

Caner (X)
Turkish to English
+ ...
This is my third "notebook" :) May 16, 2003

I did and will have the fourth one icon_smile.gif
Luck

Quote:

On 2003-05-16 14:24, parker wrote:

Hello,

Not only did my hard drive die on my PC last month, but now the backlight has gone on my laptop (an IBM ThinkPad 600X). Translation is becoming an expensive business for me!

I can still use the laptop by attaching it to a monitor, but surely the point of a laptop is that it\'s light and easily portable icon_smile.gif

I\'ve been told that it\'s not worth paying to have my backlight fixed - has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks,

Joanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Backlight gone on laptop - can anything be done?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search