Comparing laptop Acer 5551 to Acer 5741
Thread poster: chris1
Sep 22, 2010

Hi - my first post hereicon_smile.gif

I just wanted some advice about laptops. I'm stuck between two.

I orginally wanted to get the Acer Aspire 5551: http://www.johnlewis.com/230975988/Product.aspx because of its large hard drive and 4GB of RAM.

However, a friend of mine who works in John Lewis suggested that this laptop would be more suited to me, the Acer Aspire 5741: http://www.johnlewis.com/230975990/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=acer%20aspire%205741 because of its better processor. This one has 1GB less RAM though. I'm not particularly bothered about the difference in hard drive.

I'm only really using it for uni work and surf the net but I do like to watch a DVD on my laptop and the likes of BBC iPlayer and such. I'll sometimes play a game or two but not a lot.

What do you think? Which will make the computer perform quicker: the processor or the RAM?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparing laptop Acer 5551 to Acer 5741

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search