Thread poster: ATIL KAYHAN

ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:25
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
May 2, 2013

Did you know that today's smartphones have roughly the same computing power as the powerful desktops of 2005?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323982704578455163211575512.html?mod=e2tw

Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 07:25
English to German
Computing power is only half the battle May 2, 2013

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Did you know that today's smartphones have roughly the same computing power as the powerful desktops of 2005?

Agree. But what about screen size & hard disc capacity? What about the multitasking features?

ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:25
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Smartphone vs. Computer May 2, 2013

In my opinion, a smartphone can never beat a computer. The only question is how much of it can a smartphone imitate?

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:25
German to English
+ ...
Laptop replacement in some ways May 28, 2013

Usually when I am out and about away from the office or on vacation (when I don't need to do actual translations), I can carry my smartphone and answer e-mails, check files, agree to deadlines - basically do everything I used to need a laptop for. That's worth the price of admission to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Power of Smartphones

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search