Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 17:20
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 3, 2006

Hi,
It Win XP and the monitor is Mitsubishi Diamond Scan - about 7 yrs old.
Without any notice) some colors look like gone (red is nearly gone i believe).

And i wonder whether it's a monitor (which would be better) as my wife is calling it 'the ugly fat box' for quite a while) or the PC - which would be worse...
See more
Hi,
It Win XP and the monitor is Mitsubishi Diamond Scan - about 7 yrs old.
Without any notice) some colors look like gone (red is nearly gone i believe).

And i wonder whether it's a monitor (which would be better) as my wife is calling it 'the ugly fat box' for quite a while) or the PC - which would be worse)..
Thanks,
V.
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:20
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Check the connections... Jan 3, 2006

If you have not done so yet, check all the connections. Quite often when the plug gets loose (or the cable is broken) you have the symptoms you describe.

If that does not work, then it is probably the monitor (failure of the computer, or, to be more exact, the graphic card/chip is less likely - this would rather give different symptoms). Considering the price of CRT monitors these days, it will probably be cheaper to get a newer one than to repair this one...

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 17:20
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
found it Jan 4, 2006

Thank you, Jabberwock,
I have checked everything and.. it turned to be that the brightness level has dropped down by itself. I have managed to restore it, but the new monitor is erquired. This guy served us for over 8 years anyway.

Thank you for the feedback,

Very best,
Vladimir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

montor suddenly lost brightness and some colors

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »