https://www.proz.com/forum/health_and_lifestyle_for_language_professionals/163067-essentials_of_minute_writing_or_minute_taking.html

Essentials of Minute writing or minute taking
Thread poster: PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:57
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 20, 2010

Hi all!

At first, I request proz staff to post this article at a proper forum and if needed, please change the forum to the appropriate one.

I just wanted to take a suggestion or guidance from experienced minute takers/writers that what are essential stuffs do you expect from vendor or the organization to do your job/s perfectly. Also, what are the essential stuffs that you never forget to carry.

Recently, I attended a meeting and conference wherein there w
... See more
Hi all!

At first, I request proz staff to post this article at a proper forum and if needed, please change the forum to the appropriate one.

I just wanted to take a suggestion or guidance from experienced minute takers/writers that what are essential stuffs do you expect from vendor or the organization to do your job/s perfectly. Also, what are the essential stuffs that you never forget to carry.

Recently, I attended a meeting and conference wherein there were speakers from all over the world. I felt lack of few a stuffs:
1. Lack of standard speakers/headphones to listen to speakers.
2. Continuous number of hours required to jot down minutes at home after the conference or meetings, which affected my efficiency. Deadline was set to be too unrealistic in my view point. What do you say, For an 8 hours of conference or meeting, how much time does it take you to prepare final report and send to the concerned agency or organization. I include the following tasks in this job

1. Having a good project manager to manage all the stuffs at conference/meeting looking at all requirements.
2. At your office/home, having a careful look at notes.
2. Verifying the stuffs from the audio we have. A lot depends on audio quality.
3. If necessary, a transcription of audio, may be someone's accent or way of his/her speech may confuse you entirely.
4. Then, finally preparing notes.

So, how much time do you see that one should get to prepare final report of 7-8 hours of conference/meeting?

Tons of thanks in advance for your answers.

- PRAKAASH
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Essentials of Minute writing or minute taking

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »