Thread poster: veratek

veratek
Brazil
Local time: 20:01
French to English
+ ...
Jan 5, 2011

Hi,

I had tried finding a supermarket in Paris (not the suburbs) that sold prune juice. After going to several food marts, and finding every single kind of juice available on Earth, except prune juice, I found it! And, as an added bonus, the only type I found is BIO, at Monoprix. I also recently tried their Stevia-based sweetener (Pure Via), and found it very good.

Like Leader Price, Monoprix is slowly expanding its house-brand offer of BIO foods. Leader Price BIO foods are often very affordable. And Carrefour sells a (fresh) BIO banana that is the same price as the non-BIO one.

There are some very wonderful BIO shops in Paris, but I find them usually so much more expensive than the regular mart price, especially for the foods that I am interested in buying. Dry goods aren't much different, or some kinds of foods sold in bulk volumes, but about everything else is still quite pricy.

Do you have any tips on particular BIO foods that we can easily find in Paris, with prices still in the "normal" range?

Direct link Reply with quote

SBlack
French to English
+ ...
Most Lidls Jan 5, 2011

also have an organic food aisle now. I regularly buy my organic apples, bananas, tomatoes and carrots from Lidl.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tips about buying affordable bio products inside Paris

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search