Hebrew fonts in Office 2004 for Mac, where to get them??
Thread poster: Andrea Re

Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2009

Hi there,

yesterday I had to open a word file in Hebrew, but couldn't display it properly. Is any Hebrew translator living in the UK or continental Europe who can tell me where I can get the fonts or whatever I need? (I imagine that if you are in Israel you would get the "correct" version of Office by default).

Thanks,

Andrea

Ran Bleich  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
No luck yet May 26, 2010

Unfortuantely, I have been driven up the walls with this issue myself.

The closest I came to solving this - I work a lot from English into Hebrew - is working with either Nisus Writer Pro or Mellel, then exporting the "correctly" formatted file to PDF. Then, send said PDF to a PC, open it up there, then copy the PDF content to Word and then save. Time-consuming, but that's all I can manage now.

Hope this helps.

Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just seen your reply Oct 20, 2010

I have just discovered that Office for Mac does not support right to left texts:(:(

Is there any update on this?
NeoOffice and Mellel seem to give similar results, but they are different from what Word for Windows users are seeing (layout-wise)icon_frown.gif I am going MAD!!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Hebrew fonts in Office 2004 for Mac, where to get them??

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search