Hebrew fonts in Office 2004 for Mac, where to get them??
Thread poster: Andrea Re

Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:21
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2009

Hi there,

yesterday I had to open a word file in Hebrew, but couldn't display it properly. Is any Hebrew translator living in the UK or continental Europe who can tell me where I can get the fonts or whatever I need? (I imagine that if you are in Israel you would get the "correct" version of Office by default).

Thanks,

Andrea

Direct link Reply with quote

Ran Bleich  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
No luck yet May 26, 2010

Unfortuantely, I have been driven up the walls with this issue myself.

The closest I came to solving this - I work a lot from English into Hebrew - is working with either Nisus Writer Pro or Mellel, then exporting the "correctly" formatted file to PDF. Then, send said PDF to a PC, open it up there, then copy the PDF content to Word and then save. Time-consuming, but that's all I can manage now.

Hope this helps.

Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just seen your reply Oct 20, 2010

I have just discovered that Office for Mac does not support right to left texts:(:(

Is there any update on this?
NeoOffice and Mellel seem to give similar results, but they are different from what Word for Windows users are seeing (layout-wise) I am going MAD!!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Hebrew fonts in Office 2004 for Mac, where to get them??

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search