Queen - Mustapha
Thread poster: Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"

Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Local time: 16:48
Turkish to English
+ ...
Oct 14, 2010

Does any one know the meanings of some sentences in "Queen - Mustapha" Lyrics. It is interesting to hear a song where my father's name "Mustapha " and my name "İbrahim" is used. Thanks in advance.

Mustapha Ibrahim, al havra kris vanin

Mustapha, hey! Mustapha
Mustapha Mustapha - Allah-i na stolei
Mustapha Mustapha - Achtar es na sholei
Mustapha Mustapha - Mohammad dei ya low eshelei
Ist avil ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha,
Mustapha Ibrahim, achbar ish navin

Vontap ist ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha,

Some people make the following explanations:
This song is arguably, written in three languages; English, Arabic, and Parsi, which is the language commonly spoken in Iran.

After deeply scrutinizing the song, I deduced that Mustapha Ibrahim is a common Middle Eastern/Arabian name. Being from Israel, and fluently speaking Hebrew, I was able to decipher that: "al havra kris vanin" means approximately: "All friends gather and shout" Allah is the god of Muslim religion, although Freddie himself was Zoroastrian, and not Muslim.

Achtar es na sholei ~~ Now is the time

Mochamut dei ya low eshelei Is probably a part of a prayer aimed at Mohammed, who is believed to have established the Muslim religion.

ai ai ai ai ahelei Is a Zionist folk song, in which ahelei means "my god".

Ist avil ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha, Salaam Aleikum! Is a short prayer, which is used as a greeting to one another.

achbar ish navin ~~ A smart man will understand.

Vontap ist ahiln avil ahiln adhim Mustapha,
Aleikum Salaam hey! ~~ is probably a prayer of farewe

Direct link Reply with quote

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Queen - Mustapha

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search