Thread poster: AZTranslation
AZTranslation
AZTranslation
Local time: 00:06
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 10, 2008

Hello all,

I recently performed an English into Hebrew translation. The original file was in Word and the client asked to keep the same format and to put the English words of some of the text next to Hebrew. I finished the work in SDLX and created translation. The translation was created in Word and looks like the formatting was kept the same, except for, quess what, of course it was all mess because of the English meanings, kept next to Hebrew. Also the bullets are on the left sid
... See more
Hello all,

I recently performed an English into Hebrew translation. The original file was in Word and the client asked to keep the same format and to put the English words of some of the text next to Hebrew. I finished the work in SDLX and created translation. The translation was created in Word and looks like the formatting was kept the same, except for, quess what, of course it was all mess because of the English meanings, kept next to Hebrew. Also the bullets are on the left side of the document, instead of being on the right side. It is also impossible to try and move the text to the right side, since Word "thinks" that it is an left to right document (aligning the text to the right doesn't help either). It is very frustrating and I really don't know what to do now, but I wonder how other people perform these translations, somebody must know how it works.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Anat
Collapse

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:06
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Manually, I'm afraid Mar 11, 2008

Hi, this is a familiar problem with SDLX - though I'm not sure why you chosen that tool, and not Trados Workbench, to start with. On the other hand, you say it's in Word now, so I'm confused...
With SDLX, when the Hebrew is mixed with English, there are always problems.

If the document isn't too long, I'd go through it manually and fix the English bits.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help, but at least you know you're not on your own...

Doron

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Problem exporting English to Hebrew SDLX itd. file into Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »