https://www.proz.com/forum/honors_citations/4103-the_new_menu_looks_great-page2.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
the new menu looks great
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:44
English to Spanish
And... Jul 24, 2002

I almost forgot, Henry, thanks for keeping the hours/minutes after the day has closed!

Andrea

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 08:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
user friendly Jul 24, 2002

That\'s why I think is much better than before. It\'s easier to surf around and you don\'t waste too much time.

Thank you proz.com for such a good job!

Dinorah

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Andrea Jul 24, 2002

Platinum\'s a difficult colour to emulate, only car paints get anywhere close! But I figured out why CD found the green buttons jarring: it\'s the only phosphorescent element on the site. If it\'s not phosphorescent, it\'s an optical effect of the contrast between the dark border and the little light-coloured space inside (Rubens used this trick often). Still Velásquez has a classier one regarding \"total look\": if you study him closely, you\'ll see the guy limited his palette to a basic 4 and... See more
Platinum\'s a difficult colour to emulate, only car paints get anywhere close! But I figured out why CD found the green buttons jarring: it\'s the only phosphorescent element on the site. If it\'s not phosphorescent, it\'s an optical effect of the contrast between the dark border and the little light-coloured space inside (Rubens used this trick often). Still Velásquez has a classier one regarding \"total look\": if you study him closely, you\'ll see the guy limited his palette to a basic 4 and simply achieved the \"overall\" by making sure elements of one were integrated into another (and here\'s where our lilac has no precedent, it\'s too far out). It wasn\'t easy pulling out Photoshop on top of the proz page, but I think it\'s possible to find an \"integrated\" platinum based on our green-yellow-brown/red scheme (but we\'d have to be sparing with blue, and this is what makes it hard).Collapse

Andrea Bullrich
English to Spanish
!!!!!! Jul 24, 2002

Thanks, Ceci...

Andrea

Taking a colorful break from a .pdf that is leaving my eyes like this --->

Parrot
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Eureka!!! (Who's in charge of the colours?) Jul 24, 2002

Your ideal green is the one used on the PROZ logo as a background (maybe you should get that patented like Barclay did). Its decimal RGB values are 41-99-99. A possible platinum derived from it could be 114-128-136 (tried it out with the proz logo, but not entirely sure how it will hold up to red letters).

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-24 23:14 ]

Marta Goc
Marta Goc  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:44
Polish to English
+ ...
Henry is running the Arts department--Colors Jul 25, 2002

Ceci,

I totally agree with you regarding your analysis of the green! I am very impressed.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:44
SITE FOUNDER
Marta...shhh! Jul 25, 2002

I didn\'t want credit for the design! (I obviously have no ability in that department...though I am happy to learn I have something in common with Rubens...)

The green you like was part of the original palate selected by a professional. It included web colors #336666 (\"ProZ.com green\"), #ffcc00, #ffcccc, #cc9999, #990000 and a few others.

... See more

I didn\'t want credit for the design! (I obviously have no ability in that department...though I am happy to learn I have something in common with Rubens...)

The green you like was part of the original palate selected by a professional. It included web colors #336666 (\"ProZ.com green\"), #ffcc00, #ffcccc, #cc9999, #990000 and a few others.

I will try your suggested colors, Cecilia. I appreciate the suggestion!
Collapse

Marta Goc
Marta Goc  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:44
Polish to English
+ ...
Now everything is picture perfect- thanks Ceci! and Henry Jul 25, 2002

All very good changes!

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
What a difference.. Jul 25, 2002

a change of colour does!

I\'m glad you went with Cecilia\'s suggestion for a new button green. Now my eyes can focus on the important aspects of the site.

Parrot
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
You guys are really amazing! Jul 25, 2002

Andrea Bullrich
English to Spanish
Wonderful, thanks for the changes! Jul 25, 2002

Andrea

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

the new menu looks great

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »