Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:42
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2003

Hey, didn\'t Scorsese make a film about you two? If he didn\'t, maybe he should:

They\'d have to call it The Russian Job. I envisage Jack Nicholson playing the Slepster, with Gielgud as Sir Jack Doughty.

A pair of old-time mavericks, cleaning up the linguistic jungle, ridding the world of bad-ass grammar and false friends.

On second thoughts, Scorsese move over, I\'ll direct it myself. The Oscar is virtually in the bag.

... See more
Hey, didn\'t Scorsese make a film about you two? If he didn\'t, maybe he should:

They\'d have to call it The Russian Job. I envisage Jack Nicholson playing the Slepster, with Gielgud as Sir Jack Doughty.

A pair of old-time mavericks, cleaning up the linguistic jungle, ridding the world of bad-ass grammar and false friends.

On second thoughts, Scorsese move over, I\'ll direct it myself. The Oscar is virtually in the bag.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-15 14:55]
Collapse

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 21:42
English
+ ...
The Umpires of Evil Feb 16, 2003

Suggested title for your film, Dan.

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:42
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmmmm Feb 16, 2003

Arthur - I think that\'s a different film you\'re talking about, but that one\'s going to be called The Blair-Bush Project - with a sequel to be called Bushwhacked. I hope he\'s been watching the news over the last 24 hours.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-16 19:00]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

The Two Jacks

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »