Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:38
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 3, 2002

I never met Monika Martens personally, but it did not take us long to become best friends here at ProZ. I was impressed not only with her talents that she shared with us, but above all, with her kindness and love to learn from her ProZ fellows and her love to love and respect everybody. Within such a short time she taught me a lot about these things.

I was in shock and grief yesterday when I heard about the car accident that took her life in such a brutal way.

... See more
I never met Monika Martens personally, but it did not take us long to become best friends here at ProZ. I was impressed not only with her talents that she shared with us, but above all, with her kindness and love to learn from her ProZ fellows and her love to love and respect everybody. Within such a short time she taught me a lot about these things.

I was in shock and grief yesterday when I heard about the car accident that took her life in such a brutal way.

Our proZ community will miss her. The Albanian community will especially miss her enthusiasm and smile. This is her profile for those who did not know her: http://www.proz.com/pro/38602

This loss has effected directly not only her family, but also our translators\' family.

Even though I never met her in this life, she has touched my life and many others in a very special way.

Our prayers are with her husband and her family.

Some update (Friday, October 4, 2002)

I just spoke to Marc Martens, Monika’s husband and wanted to tell you how much he is missing her. He was in tears, but managed to tell me that Monika was an angel all her life and he believes that God is taking good care of her now. He said that he knows that Monika had a mission in this life, and that her mission was completed and he feels that it was her time to go up and that he should not have prevented her from going to Heaven.

Just before the accident Monika was going to a dentist appointment and her car rolled over on a bridge. After the accident she was conscious, she was talking with her family members, telling them that she could not believe what had just happened to her and she did not have any bruises at all. Then she was taken to a hospital, where they realized that she had some severe internal bleeding. Her lungs soon started to fill with blood and this caused the tragic loss.

Her funeral will be this coming Tuesday at 10:00 am (Latvia time), 3:00 am EST (USA) 6:00 am PST (USA) and Marc has kindly asked to either say a little prayer for Monika on that day, or light a candle for her. He is so grateful for all of the friends who have expressed their sympathy to him and to their family. Monika and Marc have been married for seven years and did not have any children. Marc said that these seven years have been the best seven years of his life. He said that he knows that she is in a better place now, continuing another mission there.

More update from Marc:

The Funeral Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, 08 of October 2002. This Ceremony shall be held at St.Jekab Cathedral (Sveta Jekaba Katedrale, behind the parliament in old city) at 10.00 a.m.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-06 17:41 ]
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
To a dear ProZian... Oct 3, 2002

My condolences to Monika´s family.

May God be with you, Monika.

Aurora (Argentina)

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-06 19:25 ]

David Davis
David Davis  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Condolences Oct 3, 2002

I did not know Monika at all, but the translating community is like a family. May God bless and comfort her family in this tragic time of grief. May her family rest assured that she is in a better place than we and that they now have a very special guardian angel to watch over and protect them. Thank you to Proz for providing a way to share thoughts and feelings and to Monika for gracing this world with her sweet spirit, if even for just a short while. Thank you also to Monika C. for posting... See more
I did not know Monika at all, but the translating community is like a family. May God bless and comfort her family in this tragic time of grief. May her family rest assured that she is in a better place than we and that they now have a very special guardian angel to watch over and protect them. Thank you to Proz for providing a way to share thoughts and feelings and to Monika for gracing this world with her sweet spirit, if even for just a short while. Thank you also to Monika C. for posting this forum. God bless.Collapse

Alisha
Alisha
Local time: 21:38
English to Italian
+ ...
a tragic loss for our community (Goodbye Monica) Oct 3, 2002

I\'m shocked! I\'ve just read the tragic piece of news and there\'re very few words left to say... they all seem so fragile like our life.

Monica did agree and disagree with my kudoz answer a few times and she shared her experience with me, and with all of us. We\'ll always be thankful to her for that... judging from her answers she seemed to be a very nice person... my condoleces to her husband and family.

Goodbye dear Monica,

Lucia

Ann Bishop (X)
Ann Bishop (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:38
Dutch to English
+ ...
condolences Oct 3, 2002

My sincerest condolences to Monika\'s family and friends.

This is really shocking news. When you read something like this, you realize once again that life is precious and that it can be taken away at any time without any warning.

I hope Monika\'s family and friends find strenght in our contributions to deal with their loss.

My thoughts are with you.

Victor Gerardo Hernandez Ojeda
Victor Gerardo Hernandez Ojeda
Mexico
Local time: 13:38
English to Spanish
Condolences Oct 3, 2002

In spite of the fact that I did not meet Monika Martens, I want to express my feelings of sadness about this accident. I am very new in proz.com, but I have experienced the friendship of the members, so I consider everyone of they as my friend. God Bless Monika !

PEDRO RAMOS
PEDRO RAMOS  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:38
Portuguese to English
+ ...
My thoughts and prayers are with Monika family. Oct 3, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-03 14:20, monika wrote:

I was in shock and... See more
Quote:

On 2002-10-03 14:20, monika wrote:

Our proZ community will miss her. The Albanian community will especially miss her enthusiasm and smile. This is her profile for those who did not know her: http://www.proz.com/pro/38602

This loss has effected directly not only her family, but also our translators\' family.

Even though I never met her in this life, she has touched my life and many others in a very special way.

Our prayers are with her husband and her family.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-03 15:47 ]

Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm really sorry to see her go Oct 3, 2002

Not that I knew her. But that it happens to a good professional, young, with a lot of promise, always shocks colleagues, what more pain would it cause the family? My condolences for all of them.

Valeria Verona
Valeria Verona  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
condolences Oct 3, 2002

My condolences to Monika\'s family.

Valeria

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

arterm
arterm  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Russian
praying for her family and for the peace of her soul Oct 3, 2002

I\'ll pray in Russia,

Arterm Sedov

Veneta Georgieva
Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Local time: 22:38
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
My sincerest condolences to Monika's family and friends. Oct 3, 2002

My sincerest condolences to Monika\'s family and friends.

Silvia Borges
Silvia Borges
United States
So young ! Oct 3, 2002

So sorry for her family, as they have lost a very dear human being.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Silvia

Kozeta Elzhenni (X)
Kozeta Elzhenni (X)  Identity Verified
English to Albanian
+ ...
Monika Oct 3, 2002

My sincerest condolences to Monika\'s family and friend.

Rest in peace Monika

marfus
marfus  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
I will miss her Oct 3, 2002

My prayers and condolences to Monika\'s family.

All I know about Monika is what I\'ve seen on a few postings where our paths incidentally crossed, but i liked her style and her smile right away. In a sense she became part of my life, a presence, a face to say hi to...

I know I will keep long memories of this bright colleague of ours whose death, in a strange way, makes this proZ place feel much more human and personal environment. She was one of us.
... See more
My prayers and condolences to Monika\'s family.

All I know about Monika is what I\'ve seen on a few postings where our paths incidentally crossed, but i liked her style and her smile right away. In a sense she became part of my life, a presence, a face to say hi to...

I know I will keep long memories of this bright colleague of ours whose death, in a strange way, makes this proZ place feel much more human and personal environment. She was one of us.

=v=belov
Collapse

Cinta Cano Barbudo
Cinta Cano Barbudo
Spain
Greek to Spanish
+ ...
I will pray for you in Spain... Oct 3, 2002

My condolences to Monika s family

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Our dear friend Monika Martens

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »