Windows XP Internet access from Dell vostro 1400
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 16, 2008

Hello,

I have a new Dell Vostro 1400 and I tried to use an ADSL service but could not. There is no "local area connection" icon anywhere to be seen and when I used the wizard to create a new connection, still no icon appeared.

I was told that the LAN card needs a driver that works under Windows xp. The CDs that come with the laptop only has drivers functioning under Windows Vista. I tried Dell website but could not tell which driver to download.

Thanks in
... See more
Hello,

I have a new Dell Vostro 1400 and I tried to use an ADSL service but could not. There is no "local area connection" icon anywhere to be seen and when I used the wizard to create a new connection, still no icon appeared.

I was told that the LAN card needs a driver that works under Windows xp. The CDs that come with the laptop only has drivers functioning under Windows Vista. I tried Dell website but could not tell which driver to download.

Thanks in advance,
Nadia
Collapse

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:19
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Ar you running Vista or XP? Aug 16, 2008

Before proceeding further, let us know what version of Windows is running on your laptop, Vista or XP. If your laptop is running Windows Vista, you would normally need Vista drivers not XP.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Try to phone Dell's customer service Aug 17, 2008

They are normally very efficient and supportive.

Best wishes!

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows XP Aug 17, 2008

Alaa Zeineldine wrote:

Before proceeding further, let us know what version of Windows is running on your laptop, Vista or XP. If your laptop is running Windows Vista, you would normally need Vista drivers not XP.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm running Windows XP and I need a LAN driver for Dell vostro 1400 under Windows XP.

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not very efficient Aug 17, 2008

Christel Zipfel wrote:

They are normally very efficient and supportive.

Best wishes!

Hi Christel,

I called the support and they were nice but could not provide an efficient solution.

Nadia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows XP Internet access from Dell vostro 1400

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »