Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 11, 2008

G'day everyone

I'm on a 3 month holiday in the Netherlands and none of my South African ISPs's SMTP servers want to accept connections. I don't know what ISP I'm currently using here in the Netherlands. I urgently need to send mail via SMTP... can anyone recommend a cheap and/or good (!) SMTP service that is likely to work for me here?

Thanks!
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
GMX works for me Dec 11, 2008

Apart from my own domain, I have been using GMX (www.gmx.net) for years in all of the countries I live or used to live in (including NL). Never had any problems.

xxxXX789  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
XS4ALL Dec 11, 2008

These guys are really good (the best in Holland actually), but maybe not the cheapest.

Try calling 020-3987666 - that's their sales desk.

They're loaded with work, so you may need to wait on the phone a little.

The server is smtp.xs4all.nl, but you need a subscription, password and user name.

Works worldwide, at least for me.

[Edited at 2008-12-11 11:40 GMT]

Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
webhosting smtp / webmail interface? Dec 11, 2008

Samuel, can't you just use your webhosting smtp? I prefer to be independent of ISPs, so that's what I do in Thunderbird, seems to work around the globe (I assume it would also work for Outlook). It looks like your webhosting for leuce.com is at gandinet.com? If I understand correctly, they apparently even have a webmail interface should the smtp settings fail.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cheap/good SMTP service (in NL)?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search